Pro-Shop: In the Spotlight – Ecco Shoes
As a result from building of the new changing rooms, the shop has gained a significant amount of space and it is going to be used to maximum effect. It will give us the ability to display even more brands and hold a stock to ensure that customers will always find their colour and size. So, on a regular basis we will be reviewing equipment and attire to provide information on the products we hold and why they are worthy of promoting.
In this edition we will review the Ecco brand of shoes with their high quality leather and reputation for great comfort. We are proud to announce that we have the 2016 spring models in stock now, up to 6 months before they are available in the north of Europe.
The Biom Hybrid 2 is a great all round shoe that is just as comfortable to wear off the golf course as it is performance wise on it. It keeps you stable and supported all the way through to your finish thanks to its E-DTS® Hybrid Technology to provide 800 traction points and exceptional grip. Also, the Biom technology is taken from thousands of scans of feet and designed based on in-depth anatomical data. Its key points are:
• Weather Resistance – Naturally soft, breathable and strong yak leather uppers are treated with HYDROMAX™ and an anti-stain formula for superb protection from the elements
• Anatomical Last Shape – Developed by scanning the feet of 2,500 athletes to provide ideal levels of support
• Tour-Proven Traction – Constructed from TPU – a highly durable, wear-resistant material – the molded traction bars offer hundreds of traction angles for superb grip
• Technical Insole System – A new, ultra-premium insole with silicon printing helps prevent unwanted foot movement during the swing
• Additional set of laces included
The Ecco Biom Hybrid 2 retails at 195€ and is a very durable shoe. I was worried about the fact there were no changeable spikes when I purchased a pair of the previous model a couple of years ago, however the hybrid sole has hardly worn and provides great traction in wet conditions. Above is a video explaining the benefits of this shoe.
If a player would still like the traditional golf spikes the Biom G2 model, an incredibly comfortable and stylish golf shoe offers the new slim sole. It has a notably soft leather upper part and an extra light construction.
This is the top of the range Ecco shoe and retails at 239€. Above is a video explaining the features of this shoe.